- Kate Mundy, 40+, Spinster, afraid of what everyone thinks.
- Maggie Mundy, 40’s, Smoker, rough, and rowdy, full-on joker.
- Rose Mundy, 30’s, A little slow-believes and trusts everyone to a fault
- Agnes Mundy, 35-40, Quiet, introvert, Rose’s protector.
- Christina Mundy, 30’s, Full of spirit and adventure, loves dancing.
- Gerry Evans, 30-35, Very adventurous, loves music and dancing.
- Michael Evans, Late 20’s, Son of Christina – young, very serious and thoughtful.
Broadview Heights Spotlights Theater is pleased to accept applications for directors for our 2018 season for the following main-stage performances:
Dividing The Estate by Horton Foote, April 27 – May 12, 2018
Produced by Adam Bowers and Jean Brennan
Dividing the Estate is the story of the Gordon clan, a Texas family who has been hard hit by the precipitous drop in oil prices in 1987. Family matriarch Stella rules over the family, but she is 85 years old and her family smells their inheritance coming. The family bickers as only a Southern family can, mentioning every slight and insult that has occurred over the past 80 years.
The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde, August 24-September 8, 2018
Produced by Tara Corkery and Sarah Price
In The Importance of Being Earnest, dashing men-about-town John Worthing and Algernon Moncrieff pursue fair ladies Gwendolen Fairfax and Cecily Cardew. Matters are complicated by the imaginary characters invented by both men to cover their on-the-sly activities — not to mention the disapproval of Gwendolen’s mother, the formidable Lady Bracknell.
Mr. A’s Amazing Maze Plays by Alan Ayckbourn, October 6-14, 2018
Produced by Ryan Bergeron and Stephanie Malfara
Note: This production is part of our Theater for Young Audiences Series
Suzy lives in a cottage with her mother and her dog, Neville. Suave but sinister Mr. Acousticus moves into the big house across the street and Neville suddenly loses his bark. Suzy is certain the new neighbor is responsible so she and Neville search his house. What happens next? It’s up to the audience in this imaginative tale.
If interested in directing one of these pieces, please submit a letter of interest and your theatrical resume, including past projects you have directed. Your letter of interest should indicate which piece(s) you are interested in directing, your concept for each piece, and how your concept will best align with the Broadview Heights Spotlights identity, space, and audience. You are welcome to provide any supplemental material(s). Please email your materials to president@broadview-heights-
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview with the play-reading committee and additional trustees during the month of December.
Adam Bowers, President
Broadview Heights Spotlights
Spotlight on Spotlights
Saturday, June 25, 2016
12:00PM – 3:00PM
Broadview Heights Spotlights Theater
9543 Broadview Road, Broadview Heights, OH 44147
(next to the police station)
Please come and join us for an afternoon of fun and learning more about our hidden gem!
- Bi-Annual Membership Meeting
- Musical preview from our upcoming musical, Queen of the Myst.
- Help choose our 2017 season! Bring $5 and suggest a show or drop 25 cents in to vote for one that has already been suggested.
- Sing along to your favorite songs with Deborah “Ingy” Ingersoll.
- Learn how you can be involved at the Spotlights Theater.
- Observe theatrical demonstrations.
- Participate in a raffle.
- Enjoy some great complimentary food with great company!
12:45PM – Sound and Light Demonstration
1:00PM – Annual General Membership Meeting
1:45PM – Makeup Demonstration
2:15PM – Sound and Light Demonstration