Auditions for Almost, Maine
Sunday, December 3 from 7:00PM – 10:00PM
Monday, December 4 from 7:00PM – 10:00PM
No appointment is needed, but auditioners must arrive within one hour of the end time. Callbacks, if needed, may be held December 10th from 7pm – 10pm.
Broadview Heights Spotlights
9543 Broadview Road
Broadview Hts, OH 44147
Auditions will consist of readings from the script.
Welcome to Almost, Maine, a town that’s so far north, it’s almost not in the United States—it’s almost in Canada. And it almost doesn’t exist. Because its residents never got around to getting organized. So it’s just…Almost.
One cold, clear Friday night in the middle of winter, while the northern lights hover in the sky above, Almost’s residents find themselves falling in and out of love in the strangest ways. Knees are bruised. Hearts are broken. Love is lost, found, and confounded. And life for the people of Almost, Maine will never be the same.
This show is a series a vignettes with 2-3 characters in each. The director plans to assign each actor he casts 2 or more roles in the show. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail the director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pete – teens – 30s. An intelligent young man with who sometimes has trouble with saying the wrong thing.
- Jimmy – 20s – 40s. Down on his luck, ex-boyfriend of Sandrine.
- Lendall – 20s -30s. A man-child with some growing up to do.
- Dave – 20s – 40s. Rhonda’s best friend, but wishes there could more between them
- Steve – 20s – 40s A child-like man who has been born without the ability to feel pain, and who has been raised by his brother.
- Daniel – 30s – 60s. A man who was once deeply hurt by his one true love.
- Randy – 20s – 50s. Randy is best friends with Chad, they try to one up each other with who had the worst date stories.
- Chad – 20s – 50s. Chad is best friends with Randy, they try to one up each other with who had the worst date stories.
- Phil – 30s – 50s. A man having marital troubles, he feels more comfortable at work than at home
- East – 30s – 60s. Down-to-earth handyman falls in love with Glory at first sight.
- Ginette – teens – 30s. Desperately in love with Pete and will do anything to prove it.
- Sandrine – 20s – 40s A woman who runs into her ex-boyfriend while at her bachelorette party
- Gayle – 20s – 30s. A woman who is ready to move on to the next step in her relationship or end it.
- Rhonda – 20s – 40s. Fun, quirky, thinks of herself as “just one of the guys,” she is afraid to let her relationship with Dave move to the next level.
- Suzette – 30s – 60s. Daniel’s Wife.
- Marvalyn – 20s – 40s. Marvalyn and her boyfriend have fallen on hard times, which has caused a lot of strain in their relationship.
- Hope – 30s – 60s. Regrets choosing career over love, trying to find the man she left behind.
- Marci – 30s -50s. A woman having marital troubles, feels as though her husband no longer pays attention to anything, and constantly hides her true feelings.
- Glory – 30s – 60s. Glory believes that she caused the death of her husband, and is having trouble moving on because of her guilt.