Call for Performers: Spotlights’ Cabaret Series 2018
Deadline: 11:59PM, Friday, March 9, 2018
Have a story you want to tell? Think your life is interesting enough to entertain others? Imagine yourself on stage, performing an intimate cabaret in front of a small audience. Sing the songs you love to sing. Do a stand-up comedy routine. Perform a staged reading of that masterpiece you wrote in college. Workshop your amazing one-woman show. One weekend, two performances, endless possibilities!
Started in 2010 and returning after a two-year hiatus, the Broadview Heights Spotlights Theater will again offer this unique opportunity to local performers and audiences in 2018. Audience members are invited to bring a bottle of wine to enjoy during Cabaret Series Performances in our intimate venue.
With a major upcoming expansion, the Spotlights is using revenue from this Series to outfit a new performance space. Performers will receive a stipend and will be required to sign a contract upon booking.
Previous Cabaret Series performers include Neda Spears, The Oh! Sullivans, Mary Lee Baker, Juliette Regnier, Amiee Collier, Natalie Green & John Doyle, Paul Hoffman, Molly Clay, Joanna May Hunkins, The Kaputska Brothers, Frank Wilson, and Mikki Reed & Plenty!.
Available 2018 Cabaret Series performances dates are:
- Friday, May 25 & Saturday, May 26
- Friday, September 21 & Saturday, September 22
Acts should be between 60 and 90 minutes in length.
Acts perform both evenings (Friday and Saturday) of the scheduled weekend.
Interested individuals/groups should express interest via email to the Series Producer, Tim Anderson, at email@example.com. Feel free to include attachments of/links to performance videos, promotional materials, resumes, etc. Please be sure to respond to the following:
- Briefly describe your cabaret concept. Explain the central theme and what will make your cabaret unique.
- Indicate which set(s) of dates you are available/interested in.
- List all performers and other individuals that will be involved with the cabaret and their roles/function.
- Will you need any special production elements (set, props, lighting, sound, accompanist, etc.)?
- Briefly describe your theater and performing experience.